Math Help Room Information and Procedures
Students in 15300, 15400, 15800, 16100, 16200, 16500, 16600, 22000, 22100, 22200, 22300 and 22400, 23100, 23200, and 26100 can get help with their coursework in the Math Help Room.
It is open Monday through Thursday 10:30 am until 5:30 pm and Friday 10:30 am until 2:20 pm. See the Help Room schedule for details
The Help Rooms are staffed primarily by teaching assistants for these courses.
Planning Your Visit
We occupy two separate rooms on the second floor of the Mathematical Sciences building. Each room supports a different set of courses.
- MATH 211 is the Help Room for Algebra/Trig and Business/Tech Calculus: 15300, 15400, 15800, 22000, 22100, 22200, 22300, 22400
- MATH 205 is the Help Room for Science/Engineering/Life Science Calculus: 16100, 16200, 16500, 16600, 23100, 23200, 26100
With this in mind, use the Math Help Room schedule to plan your visit.
Policies and Procedures
In order for the Math Help Room to better serve you effectively and efficiently, we ask that all students using it abide by the following procedures:
- If you use your laptop in the Help Room, please use the tables set aside for that purpose by the wall. Dangling power cords are a safety hazard.
- Turn off cell phones. Leave the room if you must use your cell phone.
- Refrain from idle chatter. You want to make the best use of your time.
- There is an open ITaP Computer Lab in the basement, room MATH B010.
- If you just need a place to study and/or work on problems until you have questions, please use the Mathematics Library on the 3rd floor of the MATH building.
- To save yourself time, if you have a specific question you need to ask your specific instructor, make an appointment to meet in his/her office or after class.
- Please be patient. Our resources are limited. Other available resources are listed below.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mr. David Norris.
Online Homework Systems
See your course webpage for help resources if you have issues with any of these online homework systems
- Check the bulletin board outside the Math Help Room for important information and announcements.
- Contact information for your instructor can be found on your course webpage.
- Evening and Final Exam schedule