The Department is pleased to announce that the following individuals will join the faculty in August 2011.
Assistant Professor (tenure track)
- Ben McReynolds — Ph.D. University of Texas (2006). Taussky-Todd Instructor, California Institute of Technology (2006-07). Dickson Instructor, NSF Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Chicago (2007-11). Research area: geometric group theory, emphasizing various algebraic techniques to different directions in geometry, topology, and spectral geometry.
- Jonathon Peterson — Ph.D. University of Minnesota (2008). Van Vleck Assistant Professor and NSF Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Wisconsin (2008-09). H.C. Wang Assistant Professor and NSF Postdoctoral Fellow, Cornell University (2009-11). Research area: probability theory, focusing on stochastic process in random environments.
Golomb Assistant Professor (3-year appointment)
- Eva Leenknegt — Ph.D. K.U. Leuven (2011); model theory and p-adic geometry.
- Erik Lundberg — Ph.D. University of South Florida (2011); holomorphic partial differential equations, potential theory.
- Wenbo Niu — Ph.D. University of Illinois at Chicago (2011); algebraic geometry, commutative geometry.
- Lizehn Qin — Ph.D. Wayne State University (2011); topology of manifolds.
- Daniel Szpruch — Ph.D. Tel Aviv University (2010); Postdoctoral Fellow, Ben Gurion University (2009-11); automorphic forms, representation theory of p-adic groups.