Edray H Goins
- Title: Professor of Mathematics
- Research Interests: number theory, algebraic geometry
- Office: MATH 612
- Phone: +1 765 49-41936
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homepage: https://www.math.purdue.edu/~egoins
- Courses: MA 26500 MA 58400 MA 59800
I've been working on properties of Selmer groups for elliptic curves using class groups of number fields, as well as properties of Dessins d'Enfants. I run an REU which focuses on understanding properties of Belyi maps, and I maintain my own blog about Dessins d'Enfants.
I try to stay active within various professional organizations:
- I am the President of the National Association of Mathematicians (NAM). Become a member!!
- I will soon be a member of the Committee on Meetings and Conferences through the American Mathematical Society (AMS). I am also a blogger for the AMS' Inclusion/Exclusion Blog.
- I am the Chair of the Committee on Graduate Students under the Mathematical Association of America (MAA) Council on Programs and Students in the Mathematical Science as well as the Committee on Minority Participation in Mathematics under the MAA Council on the Profession.
- I am on the Human Resources Board (HR) at the American Institute of Mathematics (AIM) in San Jose, CA.
- I am on the Board of Directors for the Initiative for Mathematics Learning by Inquiry (MLI).
I try to organize events:
- On July 25, 2017, I will host the 2017 Indiana Undergraduate Mathematics Research Conference at Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN.
- From September 29 through October 1, 2017, I will co-host NAM's Undergraduate MATHFest XXVII at Medgar Evers College in Brooklyn, NY.
I also try to give lots of talks and attend conferences to represent NAM; you can subscribe to my travel schedule here: Personal Travel Schedule.
- From September 8-9, 2017, I will attend the Benjamin Banneker Association (BBA) Leadership Retreat in Dallas, TX.
- On September 14, 2017, I will give a colloquium talk in the Department of Mathematics at the Morehouse College in Atlanta, GA.
- On September 25, 2017, I will give a colloquium talk in the Department of Mathematics at the Spelman College in Atlanta, GA.
- On October 6, 2017, I will give a colloquium talk in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Washington in Seattle, WA.
- From October 18-19, 2017, I will attend the 2017 Modern Math Workshop in Salt Lake City, UT.
- From December 6-8, 2017, I will attend the Conference Board of the Mathematical Sciences (CBMS) Winter Meeting in Alexandria, VA.
Last updated on August 31, 2017.
- African-American Mathematics Doctorates from Purdue
- Beyond Endoscopy Workshop Video Archive
- Dessins d'Enfants
- Indiana Pi Bill
- MSRI-UP 2010
- Notes and Publications
- Number Theory Seminar
- Quick Links
- Donors Choose
- Google Plus
- MathMeetings Database
- Euler Systems and Special Values of L-functions
- Locally Symmetric Spaces: Analytical and Topological Aspects
- Instruments of Algebraic Geometry
- Second Japanese-European Symposium on Symplectic Varieties and Moduli spaces
- Modern Moduli Theory graduate school
- Manifolds and Groups
- Lectures on Dessins d'Enfants
- Monodromy Groups and Compositions of Belyi Maps
- System of Equations for Computing Shabat Polynomials
- Monodromy Groups and Compositions of Shabat Polynomials
- ?Jarden?s Property and Hurwitz Curves? by Robert A. Kucharczyk
- ?Enumeration of Grothendieck?s Dessins and KP Hierarchy? by Peter Zograf
- ?Generalized Onsager Algebras and Grothendieck?s Desssins d?Enfants? by Chernousov, Gille, and Pianzola