Edray H Goins
- Title: Professor of Mathematics
- Research Interests: number theory, algebraic geometry
- Office: MATH 612
- Phone: +1 765 49-41936
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homepage: https://www.math.purdue.edu/~egoins
- Courses: MA 30300 MA 39000 MA 59800
I've been working on properties of Selmer groups for elliptic curves using class groups of number fields, as well as properties of Dessins d'Enfants. I run an REU which focuses on understanding properties of Belyi maps, and I maintain my own blog about Dessins d'Enfants.
I try to stay active within various professional organizations:
- I am the President of the National Association of Mathematicians (NAM). Become a member!!
- I am a member of the Committee on Meetings and Conferences through the American Mathematical Society (AMS).
- I am the Chair of the Committee on Graduate Students under the Mathematical Association of America (MAA) Council on Programs and Students in the Mathematical Science as well as the Committee on Minority Participation in Mathematics under the MAA Council on the Profession.
- I am on the Human Resources Board (HR) at the American Institute of Mathematics (AIM) in San Jose, CA.
- I am on the Board of Directors for the Initiative for Mathematics Learning by Inquiry (MLI).
I try to organize events:
- From March 24-25, 2017, I co-hosted NAM's Regional Faculty Conference on Research and Teaching Excellence (FCRTE) at Morehouse College in Atlanta, GA.
- On July 25, 2017, I hosted the 2017 Indiana Undergraduate Mathematics Research Conference at Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN.
- From September 29 through October 1, 2017, I co-hosted NAM's Undergraduate MATHFest XXVII at Medgar Evers College in Brooklyn, NY.
I also try to give lots of talks and attend conferences to represent NAM; you can subscribe to my travel schedule here: Personal Travel Schedule.
- On January 19, 2018, I gave a colloquium talk in the Department of Mathematics at DePaul University in Chicago, IL.
- On February 8, 2018, I will give a seminar talk in the Department of Mathematics at Colorado State University in Ft. Collins, CO.
- From March 14-16, 2018, I will give a series of talks at the Instituto de Matematicas/Pontificia Universidad Catolica in Valparaiso, Chile. One will be for Pi Day, and the other will be a seminar talk.
- On March 19, 2018, I gave a colloquium talk in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Montana in Missoula, MT.
- On April 6, 2018, I will give a plenary talk in the Department of Mathematics as part of the conference "Arithmetic of Algebraic Curves" at the University of Wisconsin in Madison, WI.
- On April 14, 2018, I will give a talk at in the AMS Special Session Automorphisms on Riemann Surfaces and Related Topics at the AMS Spring Western Sectional Meeting in Portland, OR.
Last updated on February 6, 2018.
- African-American Mathematics Doctorates from Purdue
- Beyond Endoscopy Workshop Video Archive
- Dessins d'Enfants
- Indiana Pi Bill
- MSRI-UP 2010
- Notes and Publications
- Number Theory Seminar
- Quick Links
- Donors Choose
- Google Plus
- MathMeetings Database
- Lectures on Dessins d'Enfants
- Monodromy Groups and Compositions of Belyi Maps
- System of Equations for Computing Shabat Polynomials
- Monodromy Groups and Compositions of Shabat Polynomials
- ?Jarden?s Property and Hurwitz Curves? by Robert A. Kucharczyk
- ?Enumeration of Grothendieck?s Dessins and KP Hierarchy? by Peter Zograf
- ?Generalized Onsager Algebras and Grothendieck?s Desssins d?Enfants? by Chernousov, Gille, and Pianzola