Information for new account holders
Introduction and Changing Your Password
Your Department of Mathematics account allows you to access servers and websites within the department.
Upon receiving your new account, immediately change your password from the temporary password given to you. To do this you:
- log into MathNet with your username and temporary password
- select Password Change from the directory on the left hand side
- enter in a new password for your account that is both secure and memorable
Along with your departmental account you also have a Purdue Career Account through ITaP. This account allows you to access several university-wide systems including computers in ITaP labs, MyPurdue, and Purdue Libraries resources, to name a few. You may have already activated this account through ITaP Account Setup before reaching campus. If you haven't yet activated this account you can do so through several methods which are detailed on ITAP's Purdue Career Account website.
Computer Labs and Departmental Printers
Computer labs are located in MATH 737 and MATH 635.
There is a printer, 3 Sunrays, a MAC and an IT@P Windows PC in each lab
- Information on lab printers is available thru the Printer information page
- You can also look at the Print Queue
Purdue University promotes compliance with copyright law and understanding of the appropriate use of copyrighted works. For more information about copyright policy please visit the Purdue University Copyright Office webpage.
- Download antivirus software through Secure Purdue with your Purdue Career Account username and password
- Teaching and Learning, including services such as course e-mail lists
- Equipment and software discounts for faculty, staff and students
- Secure Purdue, including security news and tips and antivirus software downloads.
- Virtual Private Network for connection to Purdue resources from off-campus.
Contact the Helpdesk with any questions you might have about your MATH Department account and @math.purdue.edu e-mail.
Questions about ITaP resources can be sent directly to ITaP's customer service.