Computational Methods, particularly those for solving partial differential equations (PDEs), have experienced major developments over the past several decades in both algorithmic advances and applications to other fields. These developments have had profound implications and applications in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). Indeed, combined with powerful high performance computers, computational simulation of physical phenomena has become, in addition to engineering experimentation and theoretical analysis, the third pillar of scientific investigation.
The purpose of this conference is to promote, enhance, and stimulate international research interactions and collaborations in applied and computational mathematics. A special feature of this conference is to celebrate the scientific legacy of late Professor Jim Douglas Jr. who served as the Compere and Marcella Loveless Distinguished Professor and the Director of Center for Computational & Applied Mathematics (CCAM) at Purdue University from 1987 until his retirement in 2006.
The conference is hosted by CCAM of Purdue University. The conference will be held on campus in the Lawson Computer Science Building (LWSN) room 1142.
- Todd Arbogast, University of Texas at Austin
- Doug Arnold, University of Minnesota
- Sue Brenner, Louisiana State University
- Zhiqiang Cai, Purdue University
- Bernardo Cockburn, University of Minnesota
- Xiaobing Feng, University of Tennessee
- Riccardo Nochetto, University of Maryland
- Paola Pietra, Institute for Applied Mathematics and Information Technologies, Italy
- Dongwoo Sheen, Seoul National University, Korea
- Junping Wang, National Science Foundation
- Mary Wheeler, University of Texas at Austin
- Ragnar Winther, University of Oslo, Norway
Support for participants:
A limited funding is available to partially support about 20 early career (advanced graduate students, postdocs, tenure-track faculty without funding) participants. For those who wish to apply for partial support, please send in your application (a cover letter, CV, and a letter of recommendation from your advisor/mentor if you are graduate student or postdoc) to Professor Zhiqiang Cai at firstname.lastname@example.org by Apr 30, 2017. Decision will be made before May 15, 2017.