Math 360 - Advanced Caculus
- Office: DRL 4C3
- Office hours: T R 3-4PM, or by
- Telephone: (215) 898-8475
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lectures: T R 1:30-3PM in DRL 4C6
Teaching Assistant: Stefano Guerra.
- Office: DRL 4E11
- Office hours: T R 12:30-1:30pm .
- Email address: email@example.com
- Lab Sessions: T or R 6:30-8:30PM in DRL 4C6
Sep. 8th, If you have any holidays to confict the date of midterm, please
contact me as soon as possible.
I have put the text book on reserve in the Math-Physics/Astronomy-Library.
I have decided one extra grading rule for extra credit question: No partial credits. You will get one extra credit if a complete
argument are provided.
You may bring an A4 paper with two sides to the midterm exam.
Final exam has been scheduled on Thursday, 12/15 12-2pm at SH-DH 1201.
- Calculus III (Math 240).
- Jerrold E. Marsden and Michael J. Hoffman:
Elementary Classical Analysis, 2nd edition.
- Homework will be mostly taken out of this book,
and it will serve as the main reference for the lectures.
- Syllabus for Math 360:
- Chapter 1 to Chapter 5.
- Homework is an extremely important part of this
course. Homework problems will be posted on
this page every Tuesday. They should be turned in to the class
on Tuesday of the following week. There will be about 6 to 8 problems each week. Extra credit problems will
be available sometimes.
You may work together in small groups of your own choosing on these
problems, although each student's write-up should be his/her own. On
each assignment you hand in, write down the names of anyone you
- Laboratory Sessions:
- Laboratory sessions are scheduled every week on Tuesday or
Thursay evening, 6:30-8:30PM, room DRLB 4C6.
Mr. Guerra will hold sessions devoted to PAST problem sets.
Attendance at weekly labs is mandatory.
- There will be a midterm exam and a final exam, the latter will
be cumulative. The Midterm Exam is scheduled in class for Thursady, October 13th, 2005.
- Filnal Exam:
- Final exam has been scheduled on Thursday, 12/15 12-2pm at SH-DH 1201.
- Approximate Grading Weights:
- 40% -- Homework (written performance and presentation in labs)
- 25% -- Midterm exam
- 35% -- Final exam
- Participating in class and working on extra credit problems will help improve your grade.
Late work will NOT be accepted. Exception: illness
serious and verifiable reasons.
You can check your homework grades here:
Sep. 3rd, 2005