- Career Planning Center for Beginning Scientists and Engineers.
This is useful both for finding an internship as well as a permanent job.
- Rising Star Internships
Students seeking internships can post brief resumes. There are also postings from companies seeking interns.
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates
Faculty in the department offer undergraduate research programs, typically during the summer. If you are interested in participating and you know with whom you would like to work, contact that faculty member; otherwise contact the Department Head, with a brief description of yourself and your concrete research interests, if any.
- Purdue's Cooperative Education Program
An excellent opportunity gain work experience. Co-ops also pay well!
NSF REU Program
A number of universities around the nation have Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU's) sponsored by the National Science Foundation (NSF).
Student reviews of some of these programs are avaiable from the Harvard University Math Club.
The Siam Internship List
The Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) keeps a list of internships and summer programs. This source also has some details on some of the REU's listed above.
The National Security Agency
The National Security Agency has internships, summer programs, and co-ops. Note in particular, the Director's Summer Program.
- Carleton College Summer Mathematics Program for Women
- George Washington University Summer Undergrad Proram in Math for Women
- IAS/Park City Mathematics Institute
Sponsored by Princeton Institute for Advanced Study programs for undergrads, high school teachers, grad students, researchers
- Center for Talented Youth (CTY) at Johns Hopkins
- The Center for Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science
At Rutgers University.