Tutoring Fundraiser for Greater Lafayette Legal Defense Fund
Need extra help preparing for your math finals? The math graduate students are donating an hour of their time to tutor undergraduate students for final exams in exchange for students making a small direct donation to the Greater Lafayette Legal Defense Fund (GLLD). We have graduate students available for 26, 1-hour tutoring sessions on May 1st, 2nd and 3rd during the day.
If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity, please
- Sign up for a tutoring time-slot first to make sure one is still available (see the link on the attached flyer or go directly here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c4da8af22a2fac43-fundraiser)
- Make a donation on the GLLD website (https://www.chuffed.org/project/glldfund). We are recommending a donation of $30, but will accept any level of contribution you feel you can afford.
- Show the email confirmation that you receive from GLLD to the tutor at your tutoring session as proof of donation.
Please sign up by this Friday, April 30th, 6pm. Time-slots are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
You will receive an email from a tutor with details on where and how to meet for the tutoring session (e.g. a zoom link or meeting place and time).
We are happy to offer this tutoring opportunity and support a good cause at the same time. Please email Sarah Percival if you have any questions about this fundraising event (email@example.com).
The group would like to ask faculty to do two things to help this effort:
- Please advertise this great opportunity to students in your classes by sending out the email below to your course lists today (students need to sign up for a tutoring session by this Friday).
- Please consider contributing a donation of your own to GLLD to support this fundraiser. To do this:
- Go to the GLLD link here: https://www.chuffed.org/project/glldfund
- In the Name section, please list “PU Math Dept” and make sure the option is clicked to “Show my name on the supporters tab”. You can choose to also provide your full name or to donate anonymously, as you wish. But please help us track donations from the department.