Edray H Goins
- Title: Professor of Mathematics
- Research Interests: number theory, algebraic geometry
- Office: MATH 612
- Phone: +1 765 49-41936
- Email: email@example.com
- Homepage: https://www.math.purdue.edu/~egoins
- Courses: MA 26500 MA 58400 MA 59800
I've been working on properties of Selmer groups for elliptic curves using class groups of number fields, as well as properties of Dessins d'Enfants. I run an REU which focuses on understanding properties of Belyi maps, and I maintain my own blog about Dessins d'Enfants.
I try to stay active within various professional organizations:
- I am the President of the National Association of Mathematicians (NAM). Become a member!!
- I am the Associate Director of the National Alliance for Doctoral Studies in the Mathematical Sciences (Math Alliance).
- I will soon be a member of the Committee on Meetings and Conferences through the American Mathematical Society (AMS). I am also a blogger for the AMS' Inclusion/Exclusion Blog.
- I am the Chair of the Committee on Graduate Students under the Mathematical Association of America (MAA) Council on Programs and Students in the Mathematical Science as well as the Committee on Minority Participation in Mathematics under the MAA Council on the Profession.
- I am on the Human Resources Board (HR) at the American Institute of Mathematics (AIM) in San Jose, CA.
- I am on the Board of Directors for the Initiative for Mathematics Learning by Inquiry (MLI).
I try to organize events:
- From June 6 through July 2, 2016, Alejandra Alvarado and I were the local organizers for the EDGE Program (Enhancing Diversity in Graduate Education) at Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN.
- On July 25, 2017, I will host the 2017 Indiana Undergraduate Mathematics Research Conference at Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN.
- On July 27, 2017, I will co-host a panel session entitled How to Apply for Jobs in Academia and Industry after Your PhD as part of MAA MathFest in Chicago, IL.
- From September 29 through October 1, 2017, I will co-host the NAM's Undergraduate MATHFest XXVII at Medgar Evers College in Brooklyn, NY.
- From November 3 through November 5, 2017, I will co-host the 2017 Mathematical Field of Dreams Conference in St. Louis, MO.
I also try to give lots of talks; you can subscribe to my travel schedule here: Personal Travel Schedule.
- On October 28, 2016, I gave a talk at the Blackwell-Tapia Conference at the National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis (NIMBioS) in Knoxville, TN. You can see a video of the talk here.
- On July 10, 2017, I gave a colloquium talk for Willamette Mathematics Consortium REU at Willamette University in Salem, OR.
- On July 22, 2017, I will give a colloquium talk for Bridge to Enter Advanced Mathematics (BEAM) at Union College in Schenectady, NY.
- On September 25, 2017, I will give a colloquium talk in the Department of Mathematics at the Spelman College in Atlanta, GA.
- On October 6, 2017, I will give a colloquium talk in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Washington in Seattle, WA.
Last updated on July 14, 2017.
- African-American Mathematics Doctorates from Purdue
- Beyond Endoscopy Workshop Video Archive
- Dessins d'Enfants
- Indiana Pi Bill
- MSRI-UP 2010
- Notes and Publications
- Number Theory Seminar
- Quick Links
- Donors Choose
- Google Plus
- MathMeetings Database
- K-Theory and Related Fields
- Euler Systems and Special Values of L-functions
- WIN4: Women in Numbers 4
- Symplectic geometry - celebrating the work of Simon Donaldson
- Algebraic K-theory and Arithmetic
- Low-dimensional Topology and Number Theory
- Lectures on Dessins d'Enfants
- Monodromy Groups and Compositions of Belyi Maps
- System of Equations for Computing Shabat Polynomials
- Monodromy Groups and Compositions of Shabat Polynomials
- ?Jarden?s Property and Hurwitz Curves? by Robert A. Kucharczyk
- ?Enumeration of Grothendieck?s Dessins and KP Hierarchy? by Peter Zograf
- ?Generalized Onsager Algebras and Grothendieck?s Desssins d?Enfants? by Chernousov, Gille, and Pianzola