Back to the Homepage
Fall 2017, MA16010
My common office hours are held in the math help room MA 211 every Monday 1:30-3:20
Here below is the tentative quiz schedule for the rest of the semester. The dates are pretty set but I may change the subjects as we approach them. All changes will be announced.
- Q1, Wed. 8/30, Finding Limits Numerically, Finding limits graphically -- Homeworks 2&3
- Q2, Wed. 9/6, Continuity -- Homework 5
- Q3, Wed. 9/13, Can't remember what that was on
- Q4, Wed. 9/20, Tangent Line
- Q5, Mon. 10/2, Chain Rule, Implicit Differentiation
- Q6, Fri. 10/6, Related Rates
- Q7, Mon. 10/16, Increasing and Decreasing Intervals
- Q8, Fri. 10/20, Concavity
- Q9, Mon. 10/23, Absolute Extrema
- Q10, Fri. 10/27, Curve Sketching
- Q11, Mon. 10/30, Optimization
- Q12, Fri. 11/3, Optimization, again
- Q13, Mon. 11/6, Anti-derivatives
- Q14, Fri. 11/17, Definite Integrals
- Q15, Fri. 12/1, Fundamental Theorem of Calc.
Note on the Domain of critical numbers
Pictures for Homework
The incredible videos I can't shut up about. They so clearly animate the concepts-- a must-watch for all calculus students. 3Blue1Brown's "Essence of Calculus"