MA 266 Ordinary Differential Equations, Section 153/154,
Spring 2019, Purdue University
Instructor: Xu, Jie
Office Hour: Tuesday/Thursday 13:30-15:00 or by appointment, MATH 439.
- Tuesday/Thursday, 15:00-16:15(Section 153), REC 309.
- Thursday/Thursday, 16:30-17:45(Section 154), REC 309.
Click here to download syllabus
- Elementary Differential Equations and Boundary Value Problems (10th edition), by W. Boyce and R. Diprima
The number of particular letter grades within two sections is based on the final exam scores. However, the actual letter grade is determined by total scores.
- Homework: 100 points. 20% credit will be given.
- Computer projects: 30 points.
- Quizzes & Midterms: 270 points.
- Quizzes: given every regular class starting from the third week (excluding review sessions), 10 points for each participation, maximum 70 points.
- Midterms: 2 midterms, each 120 points, 12 multiple choice problems. Dates: Feb. 21th, March 28th.
The midterms will be held in class.
- The scores of quizzes and midterms will be added up. If the result is greater than 270, it will be recorded as 270.
- Final: 200 points. Multiple choice.