MA 266 Ordinary Differential Equations, Section 153/154,
Spring 2018, Purdue University
Instructor: Xu, Jie
Office Hour: Tuesday/Thursday 13:30-15:00 or by appointment, MATH 439.
Notice: check information of Webassign.
Read the department course webpage.
- Tuesday/Thursday, 15:00-16:15(Section 153), UNIV 117.
- Thursday/Thursday, 16:30-17:45(Section 154), UNIV 117.
Click here to download syllabus
- Elementary Differential Equations and Boundary Value Problems (10th edition), by W. Boyce and R. Diprima
- The due dates of homework can be found on Webassign. Part of homework is also submitted through it. The slide is helpful for login and other information.
- To complete the computer projects, you need to use MATLAB. Check the department course webpage for tutorials.
- The aim of computer projects is to provide a chance for you to explore yourself. They do not depend on what you have learned in the lectures. You are encouraged to do them early.
- Due dates: Project 1 is due on March 27th, Project 2 and 3 are due on April 19th.
Please read the course webpage, where the homework and other materials are provided.
Slide for the Numerical method.
Review list of final exam with the courtesy of Yongyong Cai.
- Homework: 100 points.
- Computer projects: 30 points.
- Quizzes: 70 points.
- Midterms: 2 midterms, each 100 points. Dates: Feb. 22nd, March 29th.
- Final: 200 points.