MA 266 Ordinary Differential Equations, Section 153/154,
Spring 2018, Purdue University
Instructor: Xu, Jie
Office Hour: Tuesday/Thursday 13:30-15:00 or by appointment, MATH 439.
Notice: check information of Webassign.
Read the department course webpage.
- Tuesday/Thursday, 15:00-16:15(Section 153), UNIV 117.
- Thursday/Thursday, 16:30-17:45(Section 154), UNIV 117.
Click here to download syllabus
- Elementary Differential Equations and Boundary Value Problems (10th edition), by W. Boyce and R. Diprima
- The due dates of homework can be found on Webassign. Part of homework is also submitted through it. The slide is helpful for login and other information.
- To complete the computer projects, you need to use MATLAB. Check the department course webpage for tutorials.
- The aim of computer projects is to provide a chance for you to explore yourself. They do not depend on what you have learned in the lectures. You are encouraged to do them early.
- Due dates: Project 1 is due on March 27th, Project 2 and 3 are due on April 19th.
Please read the course webpage, where the homework and other materials are provided.
Slide for the Numerical method.
Answer to Midterm 1
Answer to Midterm 2
Review list of final exam with the courtesy of Yongyong Cai.
- Homework: 100 points.
- Computer projects: 30 points.
- Quizzes: 70 points.
- Midterms: 2 midterms, each 100 points. Dates: Feb. 22nd, March 29th.
- Final: 200 points.