Math Help Room Information and Procedures
Students in 15300, 15800, 16010, 16020, 16100, 16200, 16500, 16600, and 26100 can get help with their coursework in the Math Help Room in MATH 211.
The Help Room (MATH 211) is open from the first week of classes until the end of Dead Week. Hours are Monday through Thursday 11:30 am - 5:30 pm and closed Friday. The Help Room is also closed for Purdue University Holidays and Breaks and during Finals Week. See the Help Room schedule for the hours
The Help Rooms are staffed primarily by teaching assistants for these courses.
Policies and Procedures
In order for the Math Help Room to better serve you effectively and efficiently, we ask that all students using it abide by the following procedures:
- If you use your laptop in the Help Room, please use the tables set aside for that purpose by the wall. Dangling power cords are a safety hazard.
- Turn off cell phones. Leave the room if you must use your cell phone.
- Refrain from idle chatter. You want to make the best use of your time.
- There is an open ITaP Computer Lab in the basement, room MATH B010.
- If you just need a place to study and/or work on problems until you have questions, please use the Mathematics Library on the 3rd floor of the MATH building.
- To save yourself time, if you have a specific question you need to ask your specific instructor, make an appointment to meet in his/her office or after class.
- Please be patient. Our resources are limited. Other available resources are listed below.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Dr. Phil Mummert.
Tutoring and Additional Instruction
Online Homework Systems
See your course webpage for help resources if you have issues with any of these online homework systems
- Check the bulletin board outside the Math Help Room for important information and announcements.
- Contact information for your instructor can be found on your course webpage.
- Evening and Final Exam schedule