The Department of Mathematics offers programs leading to the degrees of Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy. Please use the links below to navigate the Graduate Program's online resources.
Message from the Department Head
Purdue's graduate mathematics program is one of the largest in the country — and one of the best. Recent changes in the graduate program were aimed at improving opportunities for our students to develop in areas that suit their goals. We invite prospective students to visit to meet faculty and current students and to see first hand what Purdue has to offer.
We admit between 25 and 40 new graduate students per year, most of whom are admitted to the PhD program in mathematics.
Almost all of our graduate students have financial assistance in the form of Teaching Assistantships or Fellowships, awarded on a competitive basis. Purdue University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Women and minority students are especially encouraged to apply.
Applications are only accepted for students starting in the fall semester.
No students are admitted for the spring semester.
- Graduate Program Overview
- Graduate Student Handbook
- Faculty Directory and Research Interests
- Mathematics Department Home
- Purdue University Graduate School
- Recent Ph.D. Dissertations
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Information for Students
Interdisciplinary Degree Programs
- Computational Finance Program
- Computational Science & Engineering Program
- Computational Life Sciences
Graduate Committee Chairman
Department of Mathematics
150 North University Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2067 USA