- Brooke Max & Rachael Welder. Mathematics Teacher Educators' Addressing the Common Core Standards for Mathematical Practice in Content Courses for Prospective Elementary Teachers: A Focus on Critiquing the Reasoning of Others. The Mathematics Enthusiast, 17(2&3):843-881.
- Brooke Max & Molly Amstutz. The Intersection of MET II Content Domains and Mathematical Knowledge for Teaching in Mathematics Content for Elementary Teachers Courses. Issues in the Undergraduate Mathematics Preparation of School Teachers: The Journal, (2):1-7.
- E. Kersey B. Max M. Akarsu L. Bloome E. Suazo & A. Hoffman. Use of Written Curriculum in Applied Calculus. International Journal of Research in Education and Science, 5(2):457-467.
- Brooke Max. Preservice Secondary Mathematics Teachers' Conceptualizations of Equity: Access and Power as Seen Through Vignette Responses. School Science and Mathematics, 117(7-8):286-294.
- Brooke Max & Jill Newton. Mathematics Preparation of Elementary Teachers: Results of a National Survey. AMTE Connections, 2017.
- Brooke Max & Lane Bloome. Policies and Practices Influencing Algebra I Students and Teacher Placement in Indiana. Indiana Mathematics Teacher, Summer:1–4, 2016.
- Brooke Max & Jill Newton. Teaching University Mathematics: One Mathematician's Contribution. Notices of the AMS, 62(9):1062–1064, 2015.