- Title: Professor of Mathematics
- PhD: University of Minnesota 1981
- Research Interests: partial differential equations, applied mathematics
- Office: MATH 706
- Phone: +1 765 49-41939
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homepage: https://www.math.purdue.edu/~phillips
- Courses: MA 26600 MA 50400
My Fall Office Hours are Tuesday 10:30-11:20, Thursday 1:30-2:20 or by appointment.
I will teach MA 26600-073 and MA 50400 in Fall 2018. Their course pages are available on Blackboard
My research concerns partial differential equations motivated from problems in materials science and condensed matter physics, in particular applications to liquid crystals, polymers, composites, and superconductors. Currently I am working on analyzing mathematical models for nematic and smectic liquid crystals.