- Title: Professor of Mathematics
- PhD: University of Minnesota 1981
- Research Interests: partial differential equations, applied mathematics
- Office: MATH 706
- Phone: +1 765 49-41939
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homepage: https://www.math.purdue.edu/~phillips
- Courses: MA 44000H
My Fall Office Hours are Monday 1:30- 2:30, Wednesday 2:30-3:30 or by appointment.
I teach MA 44000H Honors Real Analysis I during Fall 2019. Its course page is available on Blackboard
My research concerns partial differential equations motivated from problems in materials science and condensed matter physics, in particular applications to liquid crystals, polymers, composites, and superconductors. Currently I am working on analyzing mathematical models for nematic and smectic liquid crystals.