- Title: Professor of Mathematics
- Research Interests: partial differential equations, applied mathematics
- Office: MATH 706
- Phone: +1 765 49-41939
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homepage: https://www.math.purdue.edu/~phillips
- Courses: MA 26100 MA 26200
My Fall Office Hours are Monday 11:30-12:20, Friday 1:30-2:20 and by appointment.
My research concerns partial differential equations motivated from problems in materials science and condensed matter physics, in particular applications to liquid crystals, polymers, composites, and superconductors. Currently I am working on analyzing mathematical models for nematic and smectic liquid crystals.