- PhD: University of Minnesota 1981
- Title: Professor of Mathematics
- Research Interests: partial differential equations, applied mathematics
- Office: MATH 706
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homepage: http://www.math.purdue.edu/~phillips/
- Courses: MA 36200
My research concerns partial differential equations motivated from problems in materials science and condensed matter physics, in particular applications to liquid crystals, polymers, composites, and superconductors. Currently I am working on analyzing mathematical models for smectic ferroelectric liquid crystals.