PhD, Mathematics, Vanderbilt University, 2011
BS, Mathematics, IUPUI, 2006
Assistant Professor | Mathematics Department | Purdue University | West Lafayette, IN
MATH 446 | tsincla @ purdue.edu | 7654941901 (math main office) | 7654940548 (fax)
My math genealogy. My pages on MathSciNet and Google Scholar.
Check out the Purdue Operator Algebras Seminar and Basic Notions Seminar.
I am also co-organizing the workshop "Classification of Group von Neumann Algebras" to be held at AIM January 29 - February 2, 2018.
Statement of Inclusiveness.
My research is currently partially supported by NSF grant DMS-1600857.
- Spring 2018, Math 490, Collaborative Problem Solving
- Spring 2018, Math 546, Functional Analysis
- Fall 2017, Math 351, Linear Algebra
- Spring 2017, Math 693, Introduction to K-Theory
- Fall 2016, Math 341, Foundations of Analysis
- Spring 2016, Von Neumann Algebras
- Fall 2015, Math 266
- Von Neumann Algebras
- Ergodic Theory
- Geometric Group Theory
- Model Theory of Metric Structures
You can find all of my publications/preprints in their current versions on the arXiv.
- Strong solidity of group factors from lattices in SO(n,1) and SU(n,1), J. Funct. Anal. 260 (2011), no. 11, 3209-3221. article.
- w/ Jesse Peterson, On cocycle superrigidity for Gaussian actions, Ergodic Theory Dynam. Systems 32 (2012), 249-272. pdf. article.
- w/ Ionuţ Chifan, On the structural theory of II1 factors of negatively curved groups, Ann. Sci. Éc. Norm. Supér. 46 (2013), 1-33.
- w/ Ionuţ Chifan and Bogdan Udrea, On the structural theory of II1 factors of negatively curved groups, II, Adv. Math. 245 (2013), 208-236. arXiv. article.
- w/ Isaac Goldbring and Bradd Hart, The theory of tracial von Neumann algebras does not have a model companion, J. Symbolic Logic 78 (2013), 1000-1004. arXiv. article.
- w/ Ionuţ Chifan, On the ergodic theorem for affine actions on Hilbert space, Bull. Belgian Math. Soc. 22 (2015), 429-446.arXiv.
- w/ Ionuţ Chifan and Bogdan Udrea, Inner amenability for groups and central sequences in factors, Ergodic Theory Dynam. Systems, 36 (2016) 1106-1129. arXiv. article.
- w/ Isaac Goldbring, On Kirchberg's embedding problem, J. Funct. Anal. 269 (2015), 155-198 arXiv. article.
- w/ Isaac Goldbring, Games and elementary equivalence of II1 factors, Pacific J. Math. 278 (2015) 103-118. arXiv. article.
- w/ Isaac Goldbring, Omitting types in operator systems, Indiana Univ. Math. J. 66 (2017) 821-844. arXiv. article.
- CP-stability and the local lifting property, New York J. Math. 23 (2017) 739-747. arXiv. article.
- w/ Rolando de Santiago and Ionuţ Chifan, W*-rigidity for von Neumann algebras of products of hyperbolic groups, Geom. Funct. Anal. 26 (2016) 136-159. arXiv. article.
- w/ Isaac Goldbring, On the axiomatizability of C*-algebras as operator systems, submitted. arXiv.
- w/ Isaac Goldbring, Robinson forcing and the quasidiagonality problem, Internat. J. Math., 28 (2017) Article 175008. arXiv. article.
"[E]ach bringing/ From the water in which he believed and out of desire/ Things made by mid-terrestrial, mid-human/ Makers without knowing, or intending, uses."
---Wallace Stevens, from A Completely New Set of Objects
- Remark on harmonic functions of almost sublinear growth. pdf.
- A very short proof of the existence of an injective envelope for an operator space. pdf.
Recent Conferences and Seminars
- February 22, Colloquium, Texas A&M University
- April 29, Analysis Day, University of Michigan--Dearborn
- May 5-11, NCGOA 2017, Vanderbilt University
- July 24-28, Mathematical Congress of the Americas, Montreal
- July 31-August 4, MCA Satellite Conference on Operator Algebras, Fields Institute
- September 20-24, Model Theory of Operator Algebras, UC Irvine
- October 30, Operator Algebras Seminar, University of Iowa
- November 9, NCGOA Seminar, Ohio State
- December 8-11, Logic and Operator Algebras, CMS Winter Meeting 2017, Waterloo
- January 10-13, Joint Math Meetings 2018, San Diego
- April 14-15, AMS Sectional Meeting, Vanderbilt University
- April 30-May 5, Approximation Properties in Operator Algebras and Ergodic Theory, IPAM, UCLA
Good advice from fellow Hoosier, Bruin, and Boilermaker, John Wooden:
John Wooden's Seven Point Creed
- Be true to yourself.
- Make each day your masterpiece.
- Help others.
- Drink deeply from good books.
- Make friendship a fine art.
- Build a shelter against a rainy day.
- Pray for guidance, and give thanks for your blessings every day.