- Title: Professor Emeritus of Mathematics
- PhD: University of Minnesota 1981
- Research Interests: partial differential equations, applied mathematics
- Office: MATH 439
- Phone: +1 765 49-41939
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homepage: https://www.math.purdue.edu/~phillips
My Spring Office Hours are Tuesday 1:30- 2:30, Thursday 10:30-11:30 or by appointment.
I teach MA 44200H Honors Real Analysis II and MA 26600-402 Ordinary Differential Equations during Spring 2020. Their course pages are available on Blackboard
My research concerns partial differential equations motivated from problems in materials science and condensed matter physics, in particular applications to liquid crystals, polymers, composites, and superconductors. Currently I am working on analyzing mathematical models for nematic and smectic liquid crystals.