- Title: Professor of Mathematics
- PhD: University of Minnesota 1981
- Research Interests: partial differential equations, applied mathematics
- Office: MATH 706
- Phone: +1 765 49-41939
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homepage: https://www.math.purdue.edu/~phillips
- Courses: MA 26600
My Spring Office Hours are Tuesday 1:30- 2:20, Thursday 10:30-11:20 or by appointment.
I teach MA 26600, sections 053 and 081 in Spring 2019. The sections' course pages are available on Blackboard
My research concerns partial differential equations motivated from problems in materials science and condensed matter physics, in particular applications to liquid crystals, polymers, composites, and superconductors. Currently I am working on analyzing mathematical models for nematic and smectic liquid crystals.