- Title: Professor of Mathematics
- Research Interests: partial differential equations, applied mathematics
- Office: MATH 706
- Phone: +1 765 49-41939
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homepage: https://www.math.purdue.edu/~phillips
- Courses: MA 26600 MA 52300
My Spring Office Hours are Monday 10:30-11:20, Wednesday 2:30-3:20 or by appointment.
You can access my Spring MA 52300 and MA 26600-063 webpages here:
My research concerns partial differential equations motivated from problems in materials science and condensed matter physics, in particular applications to liquid crystals, polymers, composites, and superconductors. Currently I am working on analyzing mathematical models for nematic and smectic liquid crystals.