Office: Math 740
Office Phone: 765 49-41956
I am an Assistant Professor at
Purdue University. Before coming to Purdue I was a Research Assistant Professor at University of Utah. I obtained my Ph.D in May 2014 at the University of Michigan under the direction of
Melvin Hochster. My research interests are in commutative algebra and algebraic geometry.
My CV is here.
Papers and Preprints
- Lim Cohen-Macaulay sequences of modules (with Bhargav Bhatt and Melvin Hochster), in preparation.
- Lech's inequality, the Stuckrad-Vogel conjecture, and uniform behavior of Koszul homology (with Patricia Klein, Pham Hung Quy, Ilya Smirnov and Yongwei Yao), submitted.
- Singularities in mixed characteristic via big Cohen-Macaulay algebras (with Karl Schwede), submitted.
- Cohomologically full rings (with Hailong Dao and Alessandro De Stefani).
- Regular rings and perfect(oid) algebras (with Bhargav Bhatt and Srikanth Iyengar), Comm. Algebra (special issue dedicated to Gennady Lyubeznik), to appear.
- Maximal Cohen-Macaulay modules over certain Segre products, Comm. Algebra (special issue dedicated to Gennady Lyubeznik), to appear.
- Extended plus closure in complete local rings (with Raymond Heitmann), submitted.
- Perfectoid multiplier/test ideals in regular rings and bounds on symbolic powers (with Karl Schwede), Invent. Math., to appear.
- Big Cohen-Macaulay algebras and the vanishing conjecture for maps of Tor in mixed characteristic (with Raymond Heitmann), Algebra Number Theory, to appear.
- D-module and F-module length of local cohomology modules (with Mordechai Katzman, Ilya Smirnov and Wenliang Zhang), Trans. Amer. Math. Soc., to appear.
- F-singularities under generic linkage (with Janet Page, Rebecca R.G., William Taylor and Wenliang Zhang), J. Algebra 505 (2018), 194-210.
- Frobenius actions on local cohomology modules and deformation (with Pham Hung Quy), Nagoya Math. J., to appear.
- The dualizing complex of F-injective and Du Bois singularities (with Bhargav Bhatt and Karl Schwede), Math. Z. 288 (2018), no. 3-4, 1143-1155.
- The vanishing conjecture for maps of Tor and derived splinters, J. Eur. Math. Soc. 20 (2018), no. 2, 315-338.
- Lech's conjecture in dimension three, Adv. Math. 322 (2017), 940-970. (Lech's conjecture, Oberwolfach report.)
- Local cohomology of Du Bois singularities and applications to families (with Karl Schwede and Kazuma Shimomoto), Compos. Math. 153 (2017), no. 10, 2147-2170.
- F-injectivity and Buchsbaum singularities, Math. Ann. 362 (2015), no. 1-2, 25-42.
- Eulerian graded D-modules (with Wenliang Zhang), Math. Res. Lett. 21 (2014), no. 1, 149-167.
- A sufficient condition for F-purity, J. Pure Appl. Algebra 218 (2014), 1179-1183.
- The category of F-modules has finite global dimension, J. Algebra 402 (2014), 1-20.
- Finiteness properties of local cohomology for F-pure local rings, Int. Math. Res. Not. (2014), no. 20, 5489-5509.
- The Frobenius endomorphism and multiplicities, Thesis, University of Michigan (2014).
At Purdue University:
At University of Utah:
- Math 26500 Linear Algebra (Fall 2018, Spring 2015, Fall 2014).
At University of Michigan:
- Math 7830 Topics in Commutative Algebra: Perfectoid spaces and the homological conjectures (Spring 2018).
- Math 2210 Calculus 3 (Fall 2017, Spring 2016).
- Math 2200 Introduction to Discrete Mathematics (Spring 2017, Fall 2016).
- Math 2250 Differential Equations and Linear Algebra (Fall 2015).
- TA for the course on Fibonacci numbers for Michigan Math and Science Scholars (Summer 2014).
- TA for Math 215 Calculus 3 (Spring 2014, Fall 2013, Fall 2012, Spring 2012).
- Math 116 Calculus 2 (Spring 2011).
- Math 115 Calculus 1 (Spring 2010, Fall 2009).
- Math 105 Data, Functions & Graphs (Spring 2009, Fall 2008).
I have been doing some very fun Crosstalks with my friends. Check our performances if you are interested!