Spring 2015: [MA303] Differential equations and partial differential
- Post-Doc, Applied Mathematics, Brown University, 2004.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, State University of New York at
- M.S., Physics, Zhejiang University (China), 1995.
- B.S., Aerospace Engineering, National University of Defense
Technology (China), 1992.
- High-order methods and temporal algorithms for simulations of fluids- and solids-related phenomena.
- Interfaces, free surfaces, and contact line dynamics.
- Turbulent pattern formation.
- Bio-fluids and bio-structural simulations.
- Flow-structure interaction.
- Turbulence at high Reynolds numbers in complex geometries.
- High performance computing.
S. Dong & J. Shen. A pressure correction scheme for generalized form of
energy-stable open boundary conditions for incompressible flows.
Journal of Computational Physics, 291, 254-278, 2015. [PDF]
S. Dong. Physical formulation and numerical algorithm for simulating N
immiscible incompressible fluids involving general order parameters.
Journal of Computational Physics, 283, 98-128, 2015. [PDF]
S. Dong. An efficient algorithm for incompressible N-phase flows.
Journal of Computational Physics, 276, 691-728, 2014.
S. Dong. An outflow boundary condition and algorithm for incompressible two-phase flows
with phase field approach.
Journal of Computational Physics, 266, 47-73, 2014. [PDF]
S. Dong & J. Shen. A time-stepping scheme involving constant coefficient matrices for phase field
simulations of two-phase incompressible flows with large density ratios. Journal of Computational Physics,
231, 5788-5804, 2012. [PDF]
extended list of publications ...
Research Supported By