Fall 2013: [MA303] Differential Equations and Partial
- Post-Doc, Applied Mathematics, Brown University, 2004.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, State University of New York at
- M.S., Physics, Zhejiang University (China), 1995.
- B.S., Aerospace Engineering, National University of Defense
Technology (China), 1992.
- High-order methods and temporal algorithms for simulations of fluids- and solids-related phenomena.
- Interfaces, free surfaces, and contact line dynamics.
- Turbulent pattern formation.
- Bio-fluids and bio-structural simulations.
- Flow-structure interaction.
- Turbulence at high Reynolds numbers in complex geometries.
- High performance computing.
S. Dong. On imposing dynamic contact-angle boundary conditions for wall-bounded liquid-gas flows.
Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol 247-248, 179-200, 2012. [PDF]
S. Dong & J. Shen. A time-stepping scheme involving constant coefficient matrices for phase field
simulations of two-phase incompressible flows with large density ratios. Journal of Computational Physics,
231, 5788-5804, 2012. [PDF]
X. Zheng & S. Dong. An eigen-based high-order expansion basis for
structured spectral elements.
Journal of Computational Physics, 230, 8573-8602, 2011. [PDF]
S. Dong & J. Shen. An unconditionally stable rotational velocity-correction scheme
for incompressible flows. Journal of Computational Physics, 229, 7013-7029, 2010.
S. Dong. Evidence for internal structures of spiral turbulence. Physical Review E, 80, 067301,
extended list of publications ...
Research Supported By