PhD, Mathematics, Vanderbilt University, 2011
BS, Mathematics, IUPUI, 2006
Assistant Professor | Mathematics Department | Purdue University | West Lafayette, IN
MATH 744 | tsincla @ purdue.edu | 7654941901 (math main office) | 7654940548 (fax)
My math genealogy. Family photo. Random botanizing. My pages on MathSciNet and Google Scholar.
I am coordinating the Virginia Tech Regional Math Contest at Purdue. The contest will be held Saturday, October 26, 2019.
Send me an email if you would like to participate.
Check out the Purdue Operator Algebras Seminar.
- Spring 2021, Math 490, Collaborative Problem Solving
- Spring 2021, Math 546, Functional Analysis
- Spring 2021, Math 301, Introduction to Proof Through Real Analysis
- Fall 2020, Math 440, Honors Real Analysis
- Spring 2020, Math 490, Collaborative Problem Solving
- Fall 2019, Math 598, Mathematics of Quantum Information Theory
- Fall 2019, Math 261, Multivariate Calculus
- Spring 2019, Math 341, Foundations of Analysis
- Spring 2019, Math 490, Collaborative Problem Solving
- Fall 2018, Math 261, Multivariate Calculus
- Spring 2018, Math 490, Collaborative Problem Solving
- Spring 2018, Math 546, Functional Analysis
- Fall 2017, Math 351, Linear Algebra
- Spring 2017, Math 693, Introduction to K-Theory
- Fall 2016, Math 341, Foundations of Analysis
- Spring 2016, Von Neumann Algebras
- Fall 2015, Math 266
- Von Neumann Algebras
- Ergodic Theory
- Geometric Group Theory
- Model Theory of Metric Structures
You can find all of my publications/preprints in their current versions on the arXiv.
- w/ Rolando de Santiago, Ben Hayes, and Daniel J. Hoff, Maximal rigid subalgebras of deformations and L2-cohomology, Anal. PDE, accepted. arXiv.
- w/ Ben Hayes, David Jekel, and Brent Nelson, A random matrix approach to absorption in free products, IMRN (2021), no. 3, 1919-1979. arXiv. article.
- w/ Isaac Goldbring, On the axiomatizability of C*-algebras as operator systems, Glasg. Math. J., 61 (2019). arXiv. article.
- w/ Isaac Goldbring, Robinson forcing and the quasidiagonality problem, Internat. J. Math., 28 (2017) Article 175008. arXiv. article.
- CP-stability and the local lifting property, New York J. Math. 23 (2017) 739-747. arXiv. article.
- w/ Isaac Goldbring, Omitting types in operator systems, Indiana Univ. Math. J. 66 (2017) 821-844. arXiv. article.
- w/ Rolando de Santiago and Ionuţ Chifan, W*-rigidity for von Neumann algebras of products of hyperbolic groups, Geom. Funct. Anal. 26 (2016) 136-159. arXiv. article.
- w/ Ionuţ Chifan and Bogdan Udrea, Inner amenability for groups and central sequences in factors, Ergodic Theory Dynam. Systems, 36 (2016) 1106-1129. arXiv. article.
- w/ Isaac Goldbring, Games and elementary equivalence of II1 factors, Pacific J. Math. 278 (2015) 103-118. arXiv. article.
- w/ Isaac Goldbring, On Kirchberg's embedding problem, J. Funct. Anal. 269 (2015), 155-198 arXiv. article.
- w/ Ionuţ Chifan, On the ergodic theorem for affine actions on Hilbert space, Bull. Belgian Math. Soc. 22 (2015), 429-446.arXiv.
- w/ Isaac Goldbring and Bradd Hart, The theory of tracial von Neumann algebras does not have a model companion, J. Symbolic Logic 78 (2013), 1000-1004. arXiv. article.
- w/ Ionuţ Chifan and Bogdan Udrea, On the structural theory of II1 factors of negatively curved groups, II, Adv. Math. 245 (2013), 208-236. arXiv. article.
- w/ Ionuţ Chifan, On the structural theory of II1 factors of negatively curved groups, Ann. Sci. Éc. Norm. Supér. 46 (2013), 1-33.
- w/ Jesse Peterson, On cocycle superrigidity for Gaussian actions, Ergodic Theory Dynam. Systems 32 (2012), 249-272. pdf. article.
- Strong solidity of group factors from lattices in SO(n,1) and SU(n,1), J. Funct. Anal. 260 (2011), no. 11, 3209-3221. article.
- w/ Isaac Goldbring and Bradd Hart, Correspondences, ultraproducts and model theory, preprint. arXiv. submitted.
- w/ Garrett Mulcahy, Malnormal matrices, preprint. arXiv. submitted.
- w/ Bruno de Mendonça Braga and Javier Alejandro Chávez-Domínguez, Lipschitz geometry of operator spaces and Lipschitz-free operator spaces, arXiv.
"[E]ach bringing/ From the water in which he believed and out of desire/ Things made by mid-terrestrial, mid-human/ Makers without knowing, or intending, uses."
---Wallace Stevens, from A Completely New Set of Objects
- Remark on harmonic functions of almost sublinear growth. pdf.
- A very short proof of the existence of an injective envelope for an operator space. pdf.
- Roy Araiza, PhD, Purdue University, 2021
Thesis, "On the abstract structure of operator systems and applications to quantum information theory"
first position: J.L. Doob Research Assistant Professor (ntt), University of Illinois.
- Seongjun (Jun) Choi, Purdue, PhD May 2022 (expected)
- Meng-Che (Turbo) Ho, Golomb Visiting Assistant Professor, Purdue, 2017-2020
first position: Assistant Professor of Mathematics (tt), Cal State University Northridge.
Conferences and Workshops
Statement of Inclusiveness.
- *May 3-9, NCGOA 2019, Vanderbilt University
- July 15-19, The Many Faceted Connes Embedding Problem, BIRS
- September 29-October 4, Classification Problems in von Neumann Algebras, BIRS
- November 9-10, Brazos Analysis Seminar, Baylor University
- December 6-9, CMS Winter Meeting, Toronto
- March 13-15, AMS Spring Southeastern Sectional Meeting, University of Virginia
- May 25-29, Canadian Operator Symposium, Fields Institute
Good advice from fellow Hoosier, Bruin, and Boilermaker, John Wooden:
John Wooden's Seven Point Creed
- Be true to yourself.
- Make each day your masterpiece.
- Help others.
- Drink deeply from good books.
- Make friendship a fine art.
- Build a shelter against a rainy day.
- Pray for guidance, and give thanks for your blessings every day.