PhD, Mathematics, Vanderbilt University, 2011
BS, Mathematics, IUPUI, 2006
Assistant Professor | Mathematics Department | Purdue University | West Lafayette, IN
MATH 744 | tsincla @ purdue.edu | 7654941901 (math main office) | 7654940548 (fax)
My math genealogy. Family photo. My pages on MathSciNet and Google Scholar.
I am coordinating the Virginia Tech Regional Math Contest at Purdue. The contest will be held, Saturday, October 27.
Send me an email if you would like to participate. Please see this flier for more information.
Check out the Purdue Operator Algebras Seminar.
I co-organized the workshop "Classification of Group von Neumann Algebras" which was held at AIM January 29 - February 2, 2018.
Statement of Inclusiveness.
My research is currently partially supported by NSF grant DMS-1600857.
- Fall 2019, Math 598, Mathematics of Quantum Information Theory
- Fall 2019, Math 261, Multivariate Calculus
- Spring 2019, Math 341, Foundations of Analysis
- Spring 2019, Math 490, Collaborative Problem Solving
- Fall 2018, Math 261, Multivariate Calculus
- Spring 2018, Math 490, Collaborative Problem Solving
- Spring 2018, Math 546, Functional Analysis
- Fall 2017, Math 351, Linear Algebra
- Spring 2017, Math 693, Introduction to K-Theory
- Fall 2016, Math 341, Foundations of Analysis
- Spring 2016, Von Neumann Algebras
- Fall 2015, Math 266
- Von Neumann Algebras
- Ergodic Theory
- Geometric Group Theory
- Model Theory of Metric Structures
You can find all of my publications/preprints in their current versions on the arXiv.
- Strong solidity of group factors from lattices in SO(n,1) and SU(n,1), J. Funct. Anal. 260 (2011), no. 11, 3209-3221. article.
- w/ Jesse Peterson, On cocycle superrigidity for Gaussian actions, Ergodic Theory Dynam. Systems 32 (2012), 249-272. pdf. article.
- w/ Ionuţ Chifan, On the structural theory of II1 factors of negatively curved groups, Ann. Sci. Éc. Norm. Supér. 46 (2013), 1-33.
- w/ Ionuţ Chifan and Bogdan Udrea, On the structural theory of II1 factors of negatively curved groups, II, Adv. Math. 245 (2013), 208-236. arXiv. article.
- w/ Isaac Goldbring and Bradd Hart, The theory of tracial von Neumann algebras does not have a model companion, J. Symbolic Logic 78 (2013), 1000-1004. arXiv. article.
- w/ Ionuţ Chifan, On the ergodic theorem for affine actions on Hilbert space, Bull. Belgian Math. Soc. 22 (2015), 429-446.arXiv.
- w/ Ionuţ Chifan and Bogdan Udrea, Inner amenability for groups and central sequences in factors, Ergodic Theory Dynam. Systems, 36 (2016) 1106-1129. arXiv. article.
- w/ Isaac Goldbring, On Kirchberg's embedding problem, J. Funct. Anal. 269 (2015), 155-198 arXiv. article.
- w/ Isaac Goldbring, Games and elementary equivalence of II1 factors, Pacific J. Math. 278 (2015) 103-118. arXiv. article.
- w/ Isaac Goldbring, Omitting types in operator systems, Indiana Univ. Math. J. 66 (2017) 821-844. arXiv. article.
- CP-stability and the local lifting property, New York J. Math. 23 (2017) 739-747. arXiv. article.
- w/ Rolando de Santiago and Ionuţ Chifan, W*-rigidity for von Neumann algebras of products of hyperbolic groups, Geom. Funct. Anal. 26 (2016) 136-159. arXiv. article.
- w/ Isaac Goldbring, On the axiomatizability of C*-algebras as operator systems, Glasg. Math. J., to appear. arXiv.
- w/ Isaac Goldbring, Robinson forcing and the quasidiagonality problem, Internat. J. Math., 28 (2017) Article 175008. arXiv. article.
- w/ Isaac Goldbring and Bradd Hart, Correspondences, ultraproducts and model theory, preprint. arXiv.
"[E]ach bringing/ From the water in which he believed and out of desire/ Things made by mid-terrestrial, mid-human/ Makers without knowing, or intending, uses."
---Wallace Stevens, from A Completely New Set of Objects
- Remark on harmonic functions of almost sublinear growth. pdf.
- A very short proof of the existence of an injective envelope for an operator space. pdf.
- January 29-February 2, Classification of Group von Neumann Algebras, AIM, San Jose
- *March 8-10, Latinx in Mathematics 2018, IPAM UCLA
- April 3, Operator Theory Seminar, University of Virginia
- April 14-15, AMS Sectional Meeting, Vanderbilt University
- April 28, OHIO Conference, Ohio State University
- April 30-May 5, Approximation Properties in Operator Algebras and Ergodic Theory, IPAM, UCLA
- May 14-19, NCGOA 2018, University of Munster
- *May 29-June 2, GPOTS, Miami University
- *September 15-16, Wabash Mini-Conference, IUPUI
- September 21, Colloquium, Indiana University
- November 25-30, Model Theory and Operator Algebras, BIRS
- September 29-October 4, Classification Problems in von Neumann Algebras, BIRS
Good advice from fellow Hoosier, Bruin, and Boilermaker, John Wooden:
John Wooden's Seven Point Creed
- Be true to yourself.
- Make each day your masterpiece.
- Help others.
- Drink deeply from good books.
- Make friendship a fine art.
- Build a shelter against a rainy day.
- Pray for guidance, and give thanks for your blessings every day.