Apply to Mathematics Graduate Program
Almost all of our graduate students have financial assistance in the form of Teaching Assistantships or Fellowships, awarded on a competitive basis. Purdue University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Women and minority students are especially encouraged to apply.
You must apply via the electronic application. More information on how to apply to Purdue Graduate School. The deadline for applications is January 15. Students who wish to be considered for a fellowship need to apply by January 1st.
Click here for more information.
- An electronic application for admission
- A Statement of Purpose and Resume should be submitted with the electronic application.
- Recommendation letters should be submitted electronically
- The Graduate School application fee is $60 (U.S. dollars) for domestic applicants and $75 (U.S. dollars) for international applicants.
- Applicants are not required to submit GRE scores.
- You must possess a minimum of a 3.0/4.0 GPA (A=4.0) from your most recently conferred undergraduate, graduate, or professional degree in order to be admitted.
- You must upload to the online application transcript(s) and/or academic document(s) for every institution of higher education you attended. If a transcript is not in English, you must upload an English translation certified by the college or university which issued it.
You will need to provide official transcripts and/or academic records at the request of the graduate program or if you are admitted and choose to enroll. For more information, please see https://www.purdue.edu/gradschool/admissions/how-to-apply/apply-transcripts.html
Offical transcripts in sealed envelopes can be sent by the applicant directly to the department at the address given below.
For International Students:
International applicants whose native language is not English are required to provide proof of English proficiency for admission.
Official TOEFL scores are required through paper-based test or Internet-based test. Scores must be less than two years old at the time the recommendation for admission is received at the Graduate School (Institution Code 1631, Dept Code 72).
The minimum Internet-Based Test (iBT) scores required for admission are the following:
- Writing 18
- Speaking 18
- Listening 14
- Reading 19
- Total 80
The Graduate School accepts IELTS (Academic Module) and IELTS Indicator* English proficiency test scores.
Minimum IELTS Scores Required with an overall score of 6.5:
- Reading 6.5
- Listening 6.0
- Speaking 6.0
- Writing 5.5
- Total 6.5
The Graduate School accepts the Duolingo English test. Minimum Duoling English Test required by the Graduate School for admission is a total of 115 and 115 on each subscore. Please request to hav your results submitted to: Purdue University Graduate School.
Supporting documents should be sent to:
Department of Mathematics
150 N. University Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2067 USA