About the Mathematics Major and Minor
Undergraduate Advisors are available to answer any questions you have about our undergraduate program not addressed below.
Many of our students follow a broad program that introduces them to various areas of mathematics and its applications. Focused programs and a minor are also available. Areas of focus include Actuarial Science, Applied Mathematics, Business Mathematics, Mathematics Education and the dual majors in Mathematics/Statistics and Mathematics/Computer Science.
Plans of Study can be found by:
- Going to the University Course Catalog website.
- Clicking on the "College of Science" link in the Undergraduate section of the side menu.
- Go down to nearly the end of the page for the "Department of Mathematics" section.
- Click on the desired math major (or the minor).
Our core mathematics program can be customized to allow students intending to enter graduate school to take graduate level courses.
These Majors offer plenty of free electives for students to pursue pursue double majors, minors, or interests in other fields without necessarily prolonging graduation.
Prospective Student Resources
- ALEKS Testing Information
Mathematics Course Placement Test Information
- Current Courses
A listing of all current semester courses, including course, instructor and office hour information.
- Course Schedules
Available scheduling information for current and future courses
- Textbook Listing
- Faculty Areas of Interest