Algebra, Trigonometry and Pre-calculus Credit Exams
See Advanced Credit Exam information page for information on exam dates and exam registration.
- In some Colleges there are majors which require MA 15300 as the only mathematics credit. Students who have taken a calculus course at Purdue and then change to a major which requires MA 15300 have satisfied the requirement by default. The Mathematics Department will not allow such students to take credit exams in MA 15300 to obtain 3 additional credit hours toward graduation.
- Students transferring from Engineering or other Purdue colleges who have passed a calculus course(s) (MA 16100 and/or MA 16200, for example), whose new college has requirements of MA 15800 are permitted to take the credit exam for MA 15800.
- In order to pass the credit exams for these courses a student must obtain a score of at least 70%.
- Students only have one try to pass a credit exam for a course.
See the study guide for calculator policy information.
- The Algebra Exam II (MA 15300)
- The Pre-calculus (Functions and Trigonometry) Exam (MA 15800)