Math Resource Room (MRR) Policies
The Math Resource Room is closed to comply with the Protect Purdue Plan
Students in 15300, 15800, 16010, 16020, 16100, 16200, 16500, 16600, and 26100 can get help with their coursework in the Math Resource Room (MRR) in MATH 211.
FALL semesters: Monday through Thursday from 10:30 am to 5:20 pm and Friday from 10:30 am - 2:20 pm.
SPRING semesters: Monday through Thursday from 11:30 am to 5:20 pm and closed on Fridays.
SUMMER: Monday through Friday from 10 am to 4:00 pm.
*MRR is closed for Purdue University Holidays and Breaks and during Finals Week.
The MRR is staffed primarily by teaching assistants for these courses. See the MRR schedule for more information.
How to Use the MRR
- To study: Use MATH 211, the Math Library (third floor), or the computer lab (B101).
- To ask a question: Stand in line in MATH 205 and wait to be called.
- Collaborate with the students in your course in MATH 211
- Piazza (if available for your course)
- Supplemental Instruction
- COSINE/WISP-WIEP Tutoring Programs
- Individual office hours (see your course webpage)
- Email your instructor (see your course webpage)
- Math Tutor List
- DO attend class to learn the material. The MRR is not a replacement for attending class.
- DO ask specific questions (e.g. “I know I need to take the derivative, but am having difficulty with the quotient rule”) .
- DO collaborate with other students.
- Do NOT ask an instructor to sign a form.
- Do NOT charge electronics (this is a safety hazard).
- Do NOT ask an instructor to do your homework for you.
- Do NOT ask for help for a class not supported by the MRR. The MRR supports MA 15300, MA 15800, MA 16010, MA 16020, MA 16100, MA 16200, MA 16500, MA 16600, and MA 26100.
- You may be asked to leave if you do not follow the policies of the MRR.
Questions and Complaints
- Online homework mistakes/misgrades
- For students in 15300, 15800, 16010, 16020 please e-mail to email@example.com
- For students in 16100, 16200, 16500, 16600, 26100 please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your e-mail must contain
- Your name:
- Your course:
- Your section number:
- Your recitation or class time:
- Your assignment number:
- Your problem number:
- A brief description of the issue:
- Issues with the MRR: contact the Associate Head of the Mathematics Department, Dr. McClure (Office: MATH 836; Phone: 765-494-1909; email: email@example.com)
Online Homework Systems
See your course webpage for help resources if you have issues with any of these online homework systems
- Check the bulletin board outside the Math Help Room for important information and announcements.
- Contact information for your instructor can be found on your course webpage.
- Evening and Final Exam schedule
Websites of interest to Students
- Course Web pages
- Purdue University Math Club Home Page
- xFunctions (graphing 2D and 3D on the web)
- Journal of Online Mathematics & Applications
- $1,000,000 Dollar ($1,000,000) Math Problems
(Revised September 19)