Margaret Cheney: 2014 Rubin Lecture
Dr. Cheney also holds an appointment in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Colorado State University. After receiving her Ph.D. in 1982 from Indiana University, she was a postdoc Stanford University (1982-84), an assistant professor at Duke University (1984-88), and a professor at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (1988-2012) before moving to Colorado State in 2012.
Professor Cheney has served on the SIAM Board of Trustees and various other SIAM committees, and currently serves on the editorial boards of two journals. She has received various awards, including most recently an Honorary Doctor of Science from Oberlin College in 2011.
She is a Fellow of the Institute of Physics and a Fellow of SIAM. Most of her work has been on the inverse problems that arise in acoustics and electromagnetic theory; since 2001, she has been working on radar imaging.
- Jean E. Rubin Memorial Lectures
- 2023 Lecture: Stefania Patrizi
- 2022 Lecture: Parimala Raman
- 2020 Lecture: Karen Smith
- 2018 Lecture: Tatiana Toro
- 2017 Lecture: Jacqueline Hughes
- 2016 Lecture: Gigliola Staffilani
- 2015 Lecture: Anna Gilbert
- 2014 Lecture: Margaret Cheney
- 2013 Lecture: Irene Fonseca
- 2012 Lecture: Barbara Keyfitz
- 2011 Lecture: Ruth Williams
- 2010 Lecture: Dusa McDuff
- 2009 Lecture: Sun-Yung Chang
- 2008 Lecture: Jill Pipher
- 2007 Lecture: Brooke Shipley