Gigliola Staffilani: 2016 Rubin talk
Gigliola Staffilani was named the Abby Rockefeller Mauzé Professor of Mathematics in 2007. She received the B.S. equivalent from the University of Bologna in 1989, and the S.M. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Chicago in 1991 and 1995, respectively. Carlos Kenig was her doctoral advisor.
Following a Szegö Assistant Professorship at Stanford, she had faculty appointments at Stanford, Princeton and Brown, before joining the MIT mathematics faculty in 2002. Professor Staffilani is an analyst, with a concentration on dispersive nonlinear PDEs.
At Stanford, she received the Harold M. Bacon Memorial Teaching Award in 1997, and was given the Frederick E. Terman Award for young faculty in 1998. She was a Sloan fellow from 2000-02.
In 2013 she was elected member of the Massachusetts Academy of Science and a fellow of the AMS, and in 2014 fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
2016 flyer (PDF)
- Jean E. Rubin Memorial Lectures
- 2023 Lecture: Stefania Patrizi
- 2022 Lecture: Parimala Raman
- 2020 Lecture: Karen Smith
- 2018 Lecture: Tatiana Toro
- 2017 Lecture: Jacqueline Hughes
- 2016 Lecture: Gigliola Staffilani
- 2015 Lecture: Anna Gilbert
- 2014 Lecture: Margaret Cheney
- 2013 Lecture: Irene Fonseca
- 2012 Lecture: Barbara Keyfitz
- 2011 Lecture: Ruth Williams
- 2010 Lecture: Dusa McDuff
- 2009 Lecture: Sun-Yung Chang
- 2008 Lecture: Jill Pipher
- 2007 Lecture: Brooke Shipley